Wednesday 29 November 2023

Bowidero


I am sitting in an office-type environment at a desk with an old fashioned, somewhat hefty, computer monitor on it. My back is to the wall and across from me sits A. N. Other (who I feel I do know, only cannot bring them into any recognisable focus). At the desk to my right sits Robert De Niro, sporting his 2020 oversized spectacles look. He talks of waiting 12 minutes to start (I wonder 'what?' and, oddly, 'when?'). He comes over to my desk and we watch some sort of vintage 80's ITV/Jim Bowen quiz show on my computer screen- 

The seconds are ticking away as we view a gloopy pint of Guinness being poured – the large foamy head is dripping like sludge into the glass – the brown liquid against an equally muddy background. De Niro is gently caressing my left hand, all the while completely absorbed and amused by the footage. (I'm a bit bemused by both his actions and the fact that it's ??:19 on my monitor clock – wasn't it 12 minutes to :40 or what?)-

No comments:

Post a Comment