Wednesday 6 December 2023

Gwamf


I am back at University (the dreamescape version, a familiar-ish environment, the sense of place strong if not exact). There is a huge statue in black cast iron with a giant, mottled foot. I walk upstairs and along the corridor by the student 'units' - teaching spaces formed by simple timber partitioning. I see a fellow female student Ell Eff (and does she look right through me, or close her eyes, ignoring me completely?). I seem to pass her twice and the second time - by now I want her to acknowledge me – she definitely completely blanks me-

I go outside and someone, a quite overwhelmed student, asks me, "are you Ratty Scallion?" It seems I am famous for evading/defeating the large black statue (which, incidentally has just come to life and is stomping around the campus). As I dodge this I am sort of interviewed by a reporter, commenting on events related to this incident(?). He is showing me CD and vinyl albums-

I am in Wales, 'looking and loading' a large bundle of vinyl records. The horizon is sandwiched between a man's hand-

I meet the Prime Minister (a male, not ill-defined). He gives me a great hand-enveloping greeting, full of enthusiasm. For sale. "You're going to be all kinds of bother"-

No comments:

Post a Comment