Wednesday 8 November 2023

Lawplle


I am sitting at a circular restaurant table with (ex-Stone Rose) guitarist John Squire and two others. I am next to John but also, thanks to a fuzziness of the dreamescape, sitting opposite him/myself. This being opposite is ill-defined but I feel it is (a sort of out of my grasp version of) me. Ess EmmCeeKay, a girl from my primary school years, joins our (already overcrowded) table and sits down, forcing me to budge up to my left and thus squeeze up right next to John. She asks me, 'have you ever dealt with Ingles, Dingles and Cowpit?' - I take this to be the name of some architectural firm-

'Made of Stone' by The Stone Roses begins playing over the restaurant's PA system and I push my pasta in tomato sauce about in acute embarrassment, playing with my food listlessly as I'm aware of John bristling and seething as the staff slowly turn the volume of the song up and up-

No comments:

Post a Comment