Wednesday 21 August 2024

Snoobab


Kay Emm and I are staying at her sister's family house (in America). The (dreamescape) house has a very cheap and flimsy feel about it – the construction seems to be quite piecemeal and the finish throughout is faded magnolia gloss, almost being used as an extra adhesive, on top of the thin timber chipboard that seems to have been employed everywhere-

We are sleeping in the upstairs bed(room) and I awaken and, getting up, I notice a keen-eyed baboon sitting on the small felted flat roof outside our window. The internal/external wall beneath the window seems to be insubstantial/almost opaque and as much as I try to duck out of sight I cannot avoid being caught in the baboon's blue piercing glare. I get a shock as the window switches from a brown, near opaque, surface to clear glass in an instant, revealing two more baboons are sitting on the small cill (several more visible beyond them, descending the surrounding garden walls – they are amassing!)-


The second of the two baboons has a (Planet of the Apes' Koba-like) scar/disfigurement to one eye which gives him an evil, malicious look, his mouth seemingly twisted into a permanent aggressive snarl as a result-

Some of the baboons have invaded the house and we quickly head down the cramped internal staircase as they crawl down the wall in pursuit and dash into the family kitchen where everyone is having breakfast-

I explain the situation to Bee Haitch, my brother-in-law, and he and I venture out into the garden. (I think) Bee has some sort of metal tube for protection and I grab up (from somewhere inside) a sawn-off broom handle and another, longer piece of timber. I rejoin Bee outside where, as the (lead) baboon stalks him, he laments having locked the back door – it might have been to safeguard his (young) family – but we realise we're trapped on the wrong side. I (too easily) flick approaching baboons aside with my hooked(?) timber as Bee thumps on the door with the ball of his fist – we want in now!-

No comments:

Post a Comment