Wednesday 31 July 2024

Kwrearfkt


I am at a busy and bustling railway station and have taken it upon myself to guide a kindly old couple through the ticket gates to the platform. Both the elderly man and woman have very similar features – a jolly demeanour, round spectacles and wispy blond curls of hair. They each peer keenly into my face as I try to fathom their quite unusual looking tickets, oversized bits of paper, one travelling from Bradford to Faziwah(?)/Krawlik(?)/Prague(?). (Are they going to see the group Kraftwerk and I am in fact going to Bradford?) I can't really help them after all but attempt to show them how to put their odd tickets through the barrier machine. Is there a language difficulty too? Unfortunately the machine is out of order and my limited abilities mean I cannot even communicate this to them-

No comments:

Post a Comment