Wednesday 13 September 2023

Malvnirkdt


The (Kurt) Cobain "Kiosk". This is some sort of honourary construct to be built in his favourite park/spot in Seattle. Part of me is convinced that it used to exist and is being refurbished accordingly, but then I sort of superimpose the building onto the grassy landscape (over/next to a timber barn with a whalebone-esque profile – all very like the Hex album cover for fellow Seattle-ites Earth)-


I am looking over a simulacrum of the finished kiosk design with Emm Kay, a tall, skinny and stylish young woman formerly of my work. We are examining the outdoor seating area which makes up about one third of the kiosk's footprint, the rest given over to an internal space with perimeter seating. This will seemingly double as Nirvana's/a band's hang-out and rehearsal space. I ask Emm how tall the seats are. She bends ever so slightly and measures them against her legs and says they are about a mile. It's obviously not – it's not even a metre! - and having mulled it over and having spoken it aloud in my head a few times I eventually joke, "I know your legs are long but...!" She gets the gag and we both laugh-

No comments:

Post a Comment