Wednesday 6 September 2023

Julamm


I am in some sort of Forbidden Planet-esque store(room, all black, angular metal shelving stretching from floor to ceiling. There is some deal whereby, after much investigation on my part, it seems you can get a giant plastic (Original Star Wars trilogy) Stormtrooper for £1.00 on top of a purchase (the comic 2000AD?) of £1.75. The Stormtrooper is a kit of sorts, comprised of somewhat abstract components – parts of the limbs and torso are open/hollow and the helmet has oversized, almost 'googly' round eyes-

I an then out and about somewhere, a pub/bar I suppose, and see my old school friends Gee Pee and Ess Bee sitting together at a round table with two young women. After much swithering I go over to Gee – his older brother Arr, with whom I used to be very good friends until our mid-teens, passed away a few years ago – approaching him with much trepidation. Gee, a "cheeky-faced wee boy" as my mother would say, has grown into a darkly handsome man with deep and slightly menacing eyes, just a hint of inner threat. Thankfully he's pleased to see me and hold no apparent grudge over his brother and I falling out. He thanks me for my wee Facebook tribute to Arr and he and I hang around, going back to his house later-

His home is a lovely and spacious, immaculately furnished and kept ground floor tenement-esque flat. The front door opens into a vast living room. I still feel slightly on edge and surreptitiously peek at the many picture frames dotted about the place, trying to see a picture of his parents and/or Arr. Do I leave my wallet out (steal it?), Gee finding it, remarking on the rolled up wads of cash jammed in it – "It's a night out after all", he remarks. Is it not his house after all, but some place with an unpronounceable triple-barrelled name that Gee has booked, indeed he had to book it with no option otherwise, for the night?-

No comments:

Post a Comment