Wednesday 9 August 2023

Rocotcoro


In a dreamescape home environment, similar to that of my childhood, the upstairs loft conversion. I am with friends Jay Emm, Ess Ayy and 2 others. I am kind of regretting having invited them to my home – not so much due to their laddish behaviour which in itself is more a tendency towards open, amused, brashness – but simply their being at odds with my own quiet, restrained nature (and my parents obvious preference for the same). We all sit, cross-legged, and I ask if anyone wants me to put some music on - cue a close up of my shelves of CDs – in spite of my (further) concern that neither Jay or Ess will think much of my collection. After much hesitant humming and haawing I take the plunge and pick CDL/CML? (or something titled like that). I look again while it is playing – its gentle, off-kilter ambient electronica that I thought was a recently acquired album by To Rococo Rot. I ask if anyone would like pork sandwiches and all are in agreement-

Much to my dismay when I go downstairs my mum has chopped and "crackled" the pork, frying it to give it an intentionally crispy, crunchy fatty edge. She comes upstairs(?) and asks the assembled if they would like to, “join us for dinner?”. I make huge excuses for everyone (as I hark back to my 'brash' concerns, worried as I am even now about what might be said). Do I salvage the situation with pork slices in rolls? I chat with one of the two A.N.Others – tho he mentions he knows (an) Elissa(?) - about the structure of the loft/roof conversion. It seems to be slightly unusual with several loose timber facias to the inside-

No comments:

Post a Comment