Wednesday 13 December 2023

Whedge


I am lying in bed. The ill-defined shape of someone sitting at the edge is facing towards me, a dull shadow, quite motionless. This, I'm sure, is the former Stone Roses guitarist John Squire. We do not speak and I think about how I considered sending him the first Telemachus album (during his non-music period) in the hope that he'd either A – like it, or B – be inspired enough to pick up the guitar again. I marvel at the way the Stone Roses song 'She's The One' (?) is composed, the recording layered up for a powerful, rousing sound. Mixmaster MorrisKira Kira?-


The second(?) figure is, after my taking a while to work it out, the comedian Steve Coogan. He sits with his back towards me, looking at me over his shoulder. He sports a long, greying hairstyle (Bill P. Sinner?) and (as he is naked) is fumbling for his testicles. I announce, "get yer bollocks off me bed!"-

No comments:

Post a Comment