Wednesday 8 March 2023

Bwiquillet


I am back at University – the feeling is of the place although the environment is a pure invention by the dreamescape on top. So, while we have plaster and polished concrete walls and high ceilings (often all in a white paint finish), the overall building shapes and structure are quite different, being much more expressive. My old work boss, Gee Haitch, is leading some sort of triumphant toast my honour and presently makes a speech referring to an incident in the past whereupon I (am supposed to have) made a faux pas when conversing with Pee Kay, an old tutor of mine. I try and deny this claim but it transpires Gee has (somehow!) a recording of the exchange. (However) It is played back – I recall thinking they really should have used the building's PA system – it is mostly drowned out by the excited babble of those gathered. Searching (desperately!) back in my mind I try and recall the conversation with Pee Kay. I have a sense that I accidentally (and unwittingly) compared his architecture style to rice cakes(?). As the assembled throng begins to disperse I want to state that the recording was lost much in the same manner as when The Stone Roses played Glastonbury – no! The Isle of Wight, because the wind blew the sound all over the place. (I am reaching, of course, for Spike Island)-


I am dismayed that my own (comic?) books have been relegated to the bottom of a revolving wire display rack (especially as there's a few empty rows between them and those placed further up towards the top). I enter into a library, noticing a sign stating that it is the '- -? Building Reading Room' and pass on through to access another floor up. There I gaze up at the high vaulted ceiling (of yet another library). This space seems to be for children's books and there's a(nother) rack of familiar comics ('Kimble' by the writer/artist 'Jason'?) that have been scaled and modified for printing as small, 3x3” sturdy card books-

No comments:

Post a Comment