Wednesday 10 May 2023

Onkai


I am going out to meet my friend Vee Dee and several others for something to eat. The streets I am walking down are very reminiscent of my childhood hometown of Largs, that sort of leafy, seaside suburban feel. I meet Cee Cee, a former associate, and I am instantly annoyed and on the defensive. Rather than simply telling him to "piss off!" (as I dearly want to but am too (im)polite to) I am deliberately rude and evasive. At one point I consider telling him to ask Dee(?) why I don't like him – that's put her in the sh*t. He innocently tags along just as I expected him to. I behave more and more rudely towards him, giving him terse and blunt answers to his tedious and relentless questions-

I try try to send a text (on my archaic Nokia phone handset) but Cee Cee simply uses his own crappy silver Nokia handset to phone me, thereby disrupting my texting. This gets me really annoyed (though in a way I am impressed by his inventiveness). I swipe his phone from his hands and (fake) throw it away, quickly hiding it about my person. We square up as if to fight. This moment is interrupted as suddenly Cee has to take care of several tall metal window shutters, about a foot wide each and 6 feet or so tall. They are up off the ground and the last one has partially come off its hinges. I seem to make peace with him as I help him out, clambering up the side of the building and putting the shutter back on its (horizontal?) hinges with skill-

No comments:

Post a Comment