Wednesday 1 May 2024

Jostom


I am buying a (Glasgow) city centre flat with my ex-work colleague Jay Tee. It is a top floor property located in a tenement block in Buchanan Street. (Stuff, water tank on roof will collapse on to us? Fear.) We eventually buy near St Enoch's Square instead. This is in a large complex with an internal atrium. It is very loud and you can constantly hear folk chatting away as well as the crash of empty bottles as the ground floor pub empties their recycling bins. The flat has a balcony and I am terrified – I am crawling in terror along the floor acutely aware of the relaxed social environment around me. The flat has three rooms that all face on to this balcony, their ceilings sloping downward towards a low glass upstand (that evidently serves as the railing)-

Does my little brother buy a flat too, only he purchases one in Buchanan Street? What about his cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment