Wednesday 17 January 2024

Imperf


I have been at an Oasis gig (though being the dreamescape everything seems to overlap, the account of the experience almost in real time as I tell it). I am now in some tall ceilinged tenement-esque office. My old work colleague Gee Ess and his wife Emm are seated in a back room. The space is bright and airy, the desks facing each other as they work away. I am talking to them about the concert. I am raving a bit, saying it was 'f**king sh*te!'. Gee has a small bird cage next to his desk (which is by a large window). At first there is no bird then a yellow budgie sort of materialises, slowly taking shape – I coo enthusiastically-

Am I out front of the office, or is this the gig, the band spread out, each member atop their own circular podium? Folk chatting/overhearing as I still seem to be raging about how terrible Oasis were/are. I'm not concerned if I offend anyone-

I am now out in the street talking to my oldest friend Aye Dubya and his pal (early 50's, long-ish 'James May' hair and a wide, friendly face). Aye is there, but somehow not. I talk about leaving the Oasis concert early, how I stayed for 'Shakermaker' (my favourite.... in the dreamescape) and that the rest was sh*t. I mention that the performance of 'Hindu Times', this being the particular look that Liam Gallagher is/was sporting, was actually okay too. I say that the three(?) guitars all at once does nothing for me. I wonder what Dylan Carson (of the Seattle band Earth and who lives, in the dreamescape, in Edinburgh) is up to tonight. I can't recall the venue, some mid-size...? I ask Aye and his pal to check on their phones – mad in head yes! Bar!-

Car boot golf clubs. A second car rolls and crashes into a wall. We talk more, turning away and it rolls down the hill more. It's going to squash some children. Scary!-

No comments:

Post a Comment