Wednesday 7 June 2023

Xeldi


I am laboriously tying my shoelaces ahead of meeting my friend Ay Arr to go to his house. It just seems to take me forever and I am conscious that I need to catch a train. I run down to the platform, gingerly crossing the railway tracks on my way. A train is leaving the station and I stop short as it pulls away, unsure whether to take it, leaving both myself and the hunched, dejected figure of Ay(?) alone. He seems good humoured as I talk to him and-

We are on the next train. I am sitting next to Kay Emm and we are discussing some reality television show, the girl sitting behind us chipping in (or trying to) from time to time. I see another friend Jay Dee together with Ay Arr sitting away off in the distance – this dreamescape carriage is vast, wide and immensely long – and I resolve to go and join them-

I approach a neat sized two seater couch and, with scarce a backward glance, sweep all the associated electrical cabling and accessories (that belong to the geeky, bespectacled boy presently occupying it) to one side and arrogantly sit myself down. I semi-apologise only to repeat the action-

No comments:

Post a Comment